To see man as the beneficiary of all developmental activities and to ensure for him an environment which is liveable, healthy, friendly, efficient and economically viable, through ethical, professional training and practices that is responsive to the needs and societal dynamics.
- The advancement of public awareness of the importance of the living and working environments and the necessity for their protection.
- The Advancement of Town Planning education, training, research and practice.
- The dissemination of Town Planning information through conference, seminars, meetings, exhibitions and publications.
- The establishment and enforcement of a code of professional practice and conduct for town Planning practitioners in Nigeria.
- The protection of the practice of the profession and the welfare of those practicing it.